Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Happy Heart 2nd in a February series on matters of the heart



My Daddy always said that Mamma read her Bible every day - even on Sunday’s. That’s right! She never missed a day! Mamma told me that her heart was happy ‘cause Jesus lived there.



Mamma loved little children. She taught ‘em in Sunday School for 54 years. I’ve got a tape recordin’ of some of her favorite Bible stories. It’s a treasure! Wherever she worked, she shared tha’ Lord! Her heart was happy!

Proverbs 15: 13 A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

What’s in your heart shows on your face ‘n in your attitude. How ya’ feel in your heart makes a big difference in how ya’ react ta’ what’s goin’ on in your life.

Things ta’ think ‘bout:

1. Do ya’ have a happy heart?

2. Are ya’ readin' your Bible even on Sunday’s?

 

Lord, give us a happy heart so that others will see you in us. In tha’ name of Jesus, amen.

Please check out my new look on my website!

www.janetharllee.net

Janet@janetharllee.net

4 comments:

  1. I thought most people ONLY read their Bible on Sundays...at church. I have a daily Bible study, several devotionals, and some blogs I read each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even worse is what occupies the heart of those not reading their Bible; "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Luke 12:34

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't necessarily read the Bible every Sunday....but I daily try to remember It's teachings and somehow relate them to life experience. This does bring comfort to me and...ultimately happiness in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! A life saturated in God's Word is a life refreshed by His power and presence. After all, we start to look like who we hang out with the most!

    ReplyDelete